Friday, October 19, 2012

I LOOOOVVVVVVVVE October an fall...

Fall...the season of beautiful cooler weather, sweatshirts, books, and jeans... my FAVORITE season...
  I love the storms we get, the leaves changing and Halloween. I know I am a little old to really celebrate...but I love dressing up as something interesting and then walking around my neighborhood and just stare at people (I was Freddy Kroger last year!) I went all out with the sweater and hat...but I was the super sexy version, of course... I made it fun. 
   I also love all the different horror movies that are on TV. I absolutely love the old movies like Halloween. They did a remarkable job on them. THE 1980s baby! 
  I have found myself drinking a lot more tea lately... I love the feeling of being warm and wrapping up in a blanket. Fall also inspires me to start painting again! I love painting autumn paintings of the trees and nature. Nature is seriously beauty and never fails to amaze me. There is something about walking around outside and taking a deep breathe.  
 I have also been practicing my drums like CRAZY! I am even going to start a band with a friend which is going to be insanely exciting! Classic rock!!!   
 My friend is an AMAZING guitarist that has been practicing for years. He asked ME TO BE IN THE BAND, which I guess means something. I guess that means I am getting good. I practice sometimes up to 3 hrs. a day, trying to master perfection. Everyone in the house said that I am really REALLY starting to sound really good. (self confidence level has gone ^^^ for sure!) 
  Been listening to a diversity of music: Testament (of course), Marilyn Manson, Murderdolls, SlipKnoT, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Journey, Queen, Green Day, Enslaved, Nightwish, Blink 182 (I love the 90-2000s 
bands), Bowling For Soup, AFI, and Falling In Reverse, and some Alex Skolnick Trio (always can listen to jazz, especially with amazing guitarist Alex Skolnick himself!

  Call me a nut for being in-love with music if you want. But it is such a MASSIVE part of my life. I feel like I am where I am meant to be when I listen to it and play it. I wanna play drums forever, until I can't play anymore. I wanna go somewhere with it.

Drummers that inspire me:

---Keith Moon
---Joey Jordison

---Louie Clemente
---Paul Bostaph
---Gene Holgan
---Ringo Starr
---Ryan Seaman
---Shawn Drover
---John Tempesta
---Sandy West
---The Rev
---Racci Shay
--- 


Alex Skolnick from Alex Skolnick Trio (jazz band) and from Testament (thrash metal band from 80's to now)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment